A migraine is referred to a neurological condition which can have multiple symptoms. It can be described as intense, debilitating headaches. Female are more likely to suffer from a migraine than male. A migraine can also run in heredity.
A person may develop the symptoms of a migraine one or two days before a headache. This period is known as the prodrome stage. A person gets these symptoms during prodrome stage:
• Food craving
• Neck stiffness
• Frequent yawning
• Low energy
After prodrome, there is a short stage known as aura. During this stage, a person may have difficulty with sensation, vision, speech, and movement.
These problems include:
Judging the correct distance
Difficulty in speaking clearly
Tingling sensation in arms, legs, or face
Losing the vision temporarily
Seeing light flashes, shapes, or sometimes bright spots
After aura, a person can get the acute or severe migraine pain. A person can get migraine attack in the aura stage also. The pain of a migraine can last from hours to some days.
Common symptoms of a migraine are:
Severe pain in either side of the head
Increase in the pain during any physical activity
Increase in pain due to sound or light, can be feel relieved by lying in a dark room quietly
Factors which can trigger a migraine:
Hormonal change in women like progesterone fluctuation during pregnancy, menstruation, or menopause
Change in barometric pressure
Natural remedies to prevent Migraine pain:
• Avoid food with can trigger a migraine: Food can also trigger your migraine pain. Many food items are known as migraine triggers like:
Items containing nitrates such as deli meat, bacon, hot dogs, sausage
Ice cream or iced drinks
Cultured dairy items
• Yoga: A regular yoga can be a good way to cure a migraine. Yoga includes meditation, breathing, and different types of body postures which is good for your health. According to the research, yoga can help to relieve the intensity and duration of a migraine. Yoga can improve anxiety problems and also release tension.
• Add magnesium in your diet: A deficiency of magnesium in your body can trigger a migraine and headaches. Magnesium oxide supplements are recommended to prevent migraines with aura. Food items which contain magnesium are:
Cashews Peanut butter
• Caffeine: A cup of coffee may help you to relieve a migraine. Many OTC medicines contain caffeine because caffeine can increase the effect of the medication. But the intake of caffeine should be limited. Too much caffeine can cause more headaches.
• Homeopathic medicines: Homeopathic medication can be a good option for preventing and reducing migraine pain. Consult Migraines treatment Hoboken for the best treatment. Here are some best homeopathic medicines for treating migraine:
• Pain-relieving medications: Pain-relieving medicines can be taken when a person experience symptoms of a migraine attack. Some common pain-relieving medicines are:
Pain relievers: ibuprofen or aspirin can help to cure mild migraines.
Triptans: These medicines are mostly recommended for treating migraines. These medicines block pain pathways in the brain. Some common triptans medicines are sumatriptan, almotriptan, frovatriptan, zolmitriptan, and eletriptan.
Ergots: These medicines are less effective than triptans. Ergots medicines are more effective for those people whose pains last for more than 2 days. These are more effective if taken quickly after migraine symptoms occur.
Opioid medications: These medicines contain narcotics such as codeine. This is helpful for those people who can’t take triptans or ergots.
Glucocorticoids: These medicines are usually taken with other medicines to improve the effectiveness of medicines.
A good diet and a healthy routine can be the best way to cure a migraine. Do regular exercises and breathe good air. A good health is a key to a happy life, so enjoy your life and make your day delightful.