Winter is not so favorable season for the skin. The cold makes your skin dry and itchy. The low humidity and dry air outside steals the moisture of your beautiful skin. Sometimes it may lead to cracks and bleeding. The indoor heats, hot showers, and harsh cleansers steal the moisture of your skin.
Here are some tips for keeping your skin fresh, soft and glowy in this harsh winter:
- Use Lukewarm Water: In winters, hot baths are very tempting. But these hot showers took all the moisture of your skin. If you do not apply moisturizer on your skin, your skin may develop winter eczema. Always use lukewarm water for bathing. Never forget to use a good moisturizer which contains ceramides and hyaluronic acid which helps to provide moisture to your skin and prevent dryness.
- Use good skin products: The moisture level of your skin changes from summers to winter, same goes for the products. The products which make your skin happy in summer suddenly make you feel bad at winters. For winters, always go for cream-based cleansers. Avoid astringents which contain alcohol, it can increase the dryness of your skin. For acne and breakouts, apply products which contain ceramides, hydration serums, hyaluronic acid, and glycerin which help to maintain the moisture of your skin.
- Stay hydrated: In winter, no matter you sit inside your home or walk out the air is drier in winter. The water easily evaporates from your body. So for keeping your skin hydrated drink lots of water.
- Protect your skin from harmful rays: During winter, the sun is the only natural source which gives you heat. Everyone loves to take a sunbath in chilling cold weather. But the UV rays of the sun can damage the skin a lot. Don’t forget to apply good sunscreen lotion which contains titanium dioxide or zinc oxide. Always wear gloves and hats, it provides you with heat as well as protects your skin from losing the moisture.
- Avoid much exfoliation: Exfoliation helps to remove the dead cells from the skin. But during winter, the skin barrier has already compromised with the cold and dry weather. Regular exfoliating of your skin will damage your skin. You can exfoliate your skin once in a week; it will help to boost skin regeneration.
- Use natural skin care ingredients: Using homemade face packs and skin care masks can be a good way to keep your skin healthy. These products also protect your skin from chemical exposure. You can apply honey on your skin; it will not only provide moisture but also makes your skin glowy. You can use jojoba oil, banana, avocado oil, and aloe-vera to your skin.
- Use homeopathic remedies: Homeopathic remedies can be a good substitute for other natural skin care ingredients. These remedies are totally free from any kind of side effects and act as a natural skin care source. They quickly remove the dryness and provide moisture to the skin. If you are looking for some a homeopathic doctor New Jersey then you should visit us at dynamic homeopath
Top homeopathic remedies for curing your skin from the winter season are:
- Limit your coffee and alcohol: Coffee is one of the best beverages for winters. A sip of good coffee provides a warm touch to the whole body. Alcohol is another top beverage for the cold. But too much caffeine and alcohol can dehydrate your skin and makes it flaky and dry. So limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine in order to protect skin damage.
A healthy diet and regular exercise will help in cleaning the skin and keeping the body warm. Take care of your skin and make your skin glow and soft like the pure snowflake of the beautiful morning of chilling winter.