Most of the time Social phobia or a social anxiety is get confused with shyness. But social anxiety is much more series issue than a shyness. Today, millions of people are suffering from social anxiety problem. A social phobia is a fear of speaking in front of a group or public.
Symptoms of social anxiety disorder:
People with social phobia usually feel distressed in the following situations:
- Being in the stage
- While meeting with new people
- While criticized or teased
- Social encounters with strangers
- Fear of humiliation
- Worrying about the situation in which you may be wrongly judged
People with social phobia usually avoid common social situations like:
- Eye contact
- Eating in front of strangers
- Attending social gathering
- Returning items to any store
Causes of social phobia:
- Brain structure: Amygdala is a type of structure in the brain which controls the fear response. People with overactive amygdala have heightened fear response and this may cause a social phobia.
- Inheritance: Anxiety may run in families. It’s not clear that it occurs due to genes or due to learned behavior.
- Environment: This is the most common cause of social phobia. People usually develop this phobia after any embarrassing or unpleasant situation.
Treatment for Social Phobia:
- CBT: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is one of the best working treatments for social phobia. This therapy is based on the premise about how to feel in a particular situation. If you try to switch the way how you feel about any social situation, you’ll feel relaxed.
- Medications: Sometimes medications may help to relieve anxiety. But these medications are not the cure for social phobia.
- Antidepressants: These medicines should be taken only when the social phobia is severe.
- Beta blockers: These medicines are used for suppressing performance anxiety. Beta-blockers don’t control the emotional symptoms but controls the physical behavior like sweating, shaking hands, shaking voice, rapid heartbeat etc.
- Benzodiazepines: These are very fast-acting medicines. But these can be sedating and additive. Benzodiazepines are only prescribed when other medicines are not working.
Homeopathic medicine for anxiety and depression
Homeopathy can be one of the best alternatives for other types of medication. The best thing about Homeopathic anxiety medicine is that it is very safe and do not have any kind of harmful side-effects.
- Kali Phosphoricum: It is a potassium phosphate which calms the people during anxiety attacks. It can be a good medicine for the people who easily get stressed, insecure or over sensitive. Dullness, fatigue and lack of energy due to anxiety can be treated with Kali Phosphoricum.
- Aconite: This is recommended for sudden anxiety, panic, intense. These sudden attacks may be connected to past trauma.
- Arsenicum album: This homeopathic medicine is given to the people who have fear of loneliness, darkness or being imperfect.
- Gelsemium: This medicine is prescribed to the people who face anxiety due to the feeling of inadequacy. They may feel trapped in public places. Usually, avoid crowds and public speaking. Contact Social Phobia treatment Lyons for the best treatment of social phobia.
- Ignatia: Ignatia is prescribed to those people who experience anxiety from loss or grief. These people are prone to mood swings. This is highly recommendable for depression.
Some preventing measures for social anxiety:
- Try to get up early, do regular exercise. Always take care of your mental health condition.
- You can write a journal to keep track of your personal life and identify the cause of your phobia.
- Drugs, alcohol or even caffeine or nicotine can increase your anxiety. Avoid these types of harmful substances.
- Try to be happy, spend time on doing things which you love. Start your day with a happy face.