The other name of erectile dysfunction is impotence. It is a kind of sexual dysfunction characteristic which results in a kind of disability to develop and maintain an erection in the penis while doing any sexual activity. It’s a kind of penile erection which results in the hydraulic effect of the blood from entering and being retained in a sponge like bodies inside the penis.
Sexual Arousal is a process which when initiated then it’s going to transmit signals from the brain to nerves in the penis. The major cause of impotence is cardiovascular diseases, neurological disorders (which include trauma and unstable state of mind), diabetes and hormonal insufficiencies and drug side effects.
Major cause of erectile dysfunction involves aging factors, high blood pressure, high consumption of cigarette smoking, atherosclerosis (it’s a kind of hardening in the arteries), trauma, depression, damage to the nerve or spinal cord, after side effects of medicines, high alcohol or drug base substance consumption, , pelvic surgery which includes radical prostatectomy, pelvic radiation, penile/perineal/pelvic trauma such as pelvic Peyronie’s disease, fracture(a disorder that causes curvature of the penis and sometimes painful erections), and low testosterone levels. The treatment of this disorder is possible in all the age groups and it involves psychotherapy.
Some common causes of ED include:
• Heart disease.
• Obesity (Overweightness).
• Issue of Diabetes.
• Problem of Multiple sclerosis.
• Consumption of tobacco.
• Parkinson’s disease.
• Increase the size of the prostate gland.
If we talk about this in general then the cause of erectile dysfunction is divided into two types:
• The Psychological causes (which is caused due to mental issues)
• Happen due to Physical or organic causes (having to do with a bodily organ or an organ system).
Usually, Erection problems produce a major psychological and emotional effect in most of the men’s. This is described as a result which involves a pattern of anxiety along with stress that can further interfere with normal sexual conditions. In some cases of men, erectile dysfunction comes with aging factor, or other cause can be depression, or another psychological cause, for example, widower syndrome. Different type of feelings can interfere while experiencing normal sexual function, which even includes a feeling of nervous about or self-conscious about sex; Suffering under stressed either at home or at work or going through a bad phase in your current relationship. In all these cases, psychological counseling which involves both the sexual partner can be better option to make you feel successful.
The occurrence of Physical (Organic) results in erectile dysfunction which is much more common than psychological causes. Before determining a physical (or organic) cause, the doctor needs to take an account of certain conditions, such as the level of high blood pressure, cholesterol level which should not be high, Presence of any heart and vascular disease, male hormone level, prostate cancer, and suffering from diabetes, all these are associated with erectile dysfunction. In addition to this certain conditions, such as systemic and respiratory diseases also results in erectile dysfunction:
• Suffering from Scleroderma (stiffening or hardening of the skin)
• Failure of Kidney
• Liver cirrhosis
• Under Hemochromatosis (too much iron in the blood)
• Going through Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Any disease can produce a major effect on erectile function by altering the nervous, vascular, or hormonal systems. Various diseases can result in changes in the soft and smooth muscle tissue of the penis or influence mood and behavior.
Effect on the nervous system due to any diseases and are commonly associated with erectile dysfunction involves the following:
• Presence of Multiple sclerosis
• Suffering from Guillain-Barré syndrome
• Presence of Alzheimer disease
• Parkinson disease
• The occurrence of Vascular diseases results in almost half of all cases of erectile dysfunction in men for more than 50 years.
• The Vascular disease involves atherosclerosis (in this fatty substance gets deposits on the walls of the arteries, resulting in hardening of the arteries), a history of heart attacks, peripheral vascular disease(problems with blood circulation), and high blood pressure.
• Long-term use of tobacco (smoking) is taken an account under risk factor for erectile dysfunction because it is associated with poor circulation and its impact on cavernosal function.
• Major Blood diseases, like sickle cell anemia and which is another name of leukemia, also results in erectile dysfunction.
• Improper balance of hormones, such as testosterone, prolactin, or thyroid, can result in erectile dysfunction. The other following hormonal (or endocrine) conditions are commonly associated with erectile dysfunction:
• Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid gland)
• Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland)
• Hypogonadism (leads to lower testosterone levels)
Some of the Natural Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction involve the following:-
1. Take a walk of around two miles in your own shoes in order to boost sexual performance. Just walking two miles can lead to a good sex life. The healthier lifestyle can make feel better obese men to reduce their risk of ED, or can even result in “reverse” current impotence according to a 2005 review.
2. Consume Watermelon juice. It can satisfy your thirst and hunger level while experiencing warm months, which in turn can lead to better bedroom satisfaction. Citrulline, which is an amino acid found in high concentrations in watermelon which increase blood flow to the penis further results in better sex life.
3. Intake of some ‘HERBAL VIAGRA’. One of the most commonly used “herbal Viagra” are Ginseng, which is specifically known as “red ginseng,”. It is created when the roots of Red ginseng are steamed and then dried.
4. Acupuncture sessions are the best new treatments for everything from back pain, ED, and depression. It can be helpful in the case of Impotence. In this needles are pricked in the different parts of the body in order to relieve your pain.
5. Take AMINO Acid which is found in your body. L-arginine is the most commonly occurred amino acid that is naturally present in the body which helps in the production of Nitric oxide and in turn it will relax the blood vessels. which results in a better erection for men.
6. Men should do Pelvic exercises which are another name of kegel exercises which in turn promote urinary continence and sexual health. It helps in gaining strengthen in the bulbocavernosus muscle, which allow three things: allows the penis to engorge with blood during an erection, it pumps during ejaculation, and it helps empty the urethra after urination, according to Healthline.