The term “Chronic pain” means that it’s a pain which can last for a long time in comparison with the pain normal healing pain or injury pain for more than 3 to 6 months. Usually when the person is dealing with some sort of injury then they experience occasional aches and pains in the affected area. While experiencing this pain the nervous system keeps receiving an alert from the pain. Even in the case of injury, pain signals travel from the injured area up to the spinal cord and then to the brain.
The pain of the injury will slowly get fade as the injury starts healing. But if we talk about chronic then there is a huge difference between chronic pain and typical pain. In chronic pain, the body keeps sending pain signals to the brain, even the wound or injury heals. This pain can limit your movements even it results in less flexibility, endurance, and strength.
Some facts about Chronic Pain are:-
1. This condition is usually characterized by long-lasting pain. It can make an effect to any part of your body resulting in various sensations of pain.
2. It occurs mostly when nerve signals malfunction takes place after an injury. It doesn’t have any apparent cause.
3. There is no permanent cure for chronic pain but it affects can be minimized with proper treatments like medication, medical procedures, and lifestyle modifications.
Some of the symptoms of chronic pain include the following:
• The occurrence of mild to severe pain that remains there for a long period of time.
• Usually, the pain is similar to the pain of shooting, burning, aching, or electrical.
• Experiencing the feeling of discomfort, soreness, tightness, or stiffness.
Like two different sides of the same coin. The Pain is not existing alone it comes in a pair with the other problems that includes the following:-
• Feeling of Sleeplessness.
• Increased the feeling that you need to rest and withdrawal your participation from any activity.
• Improper immune system
• Variation in mood swings like hopelessness, Depression, fear, irritability, anxiety, and stress.
• It can last for more than 12 weeks.
• It can occur due to back sprain or there may be an ongoing cause, such as illness. However, there may also be no clear cause.
The treatments available for Chronic Pain includes the following:-
• Some of the counter pain relievers, like nonsteroidal which is an anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs), acetaminophen, and aspirin.
• The opioid pain relievers, like codeine, morphine, and hydrocodone gives instant relief in the case of chronic pain.
• Use of adjuvant analgesics, such as antidepressants and anticonvulsants.
• When the use of electrical stimulation is done it results in lessen pain by transmitting mild electric shocks into the muscles.
• On taking nerve block injection it simply stops nerves from sending pain signals to the brain.
• The process of acupuncture also helps in alleviate pain.
• When surgery is done in order to correct the injuries that might have healed improperly can lead to severe pain for a long term.
Additionally, there are some remedies which can help ease the chronic pain for different lifestyle:-
• Go through physical therapy sessions.
• Tai chi
• Do yoga properly and regularly.
• Art and music therapy
• Taking pet therapy
• Take massage session for relaxing the muscles in order to reduce the pain.